Is This Thing On?



Hi!  I'm a middle school teacher and have been for the past 10 years. I have a BA in social science, a 4-9 science/social studies license, an MA in instructional technology, a k-12 technology facilitation endorsement, a reading endorsement, and I'm looking to go back for my counseling degree at some point.  I've also been trained to teach every middle school Project Lead the Way, Gateway to Technology module.  There's 7 of them, in case you were wondering ;-)

Over the course of my career, I've taught 7th-grade science and engineering, all in the same building.  This building, however, has changed over the years from an urban junior high style to a STEAM school with a very diverse population.  I've been very fortunate in that I've been able to change and grow as my building does.

In the past few years, I've been mastering the art of teaching biomedical engineering and computer science to 7th-grade students in an urban district, and if you know me, you know that I love a challenge!  I've been learning all that I can about brain development and how it affects adolescent learning, STEM education, engineering (of course), problem-based learning, community service learning, gamification, mastery learning, designing for the edges, progression charts, PBIS, grant writing, technology integration, college & career readiness, and more!  Whew!  And in my spare time, I like to present at conferences.

But you know what I haven't done yet?  That's right,....blog!

So my blog will be a tangent of all the things pertaining to my crazy wonderful life as an urban middle school STEAM engineering teacher!  Hope you enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts